Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 4 Lighting Academy....or something like that ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna have to hire you at some point

Comment

I got late to the Lighting Academy party and starting going through the videos.

I just want to say Daedelus, this is one of the most lucid, info-rich series of videos on lighting (not just Unreal) that I've seen anywhere.

I've been in the game industry for a long time and been a lighter for a small chunk of that. I worked in FrostBite on Medal Of Honor before it became EA-DICE and agree that Oscar is awesome! He is a lighting beast and David and I received some great docs and email correspondence on the engine and MoH help back in the day.

But not just him, you're a lighting beast too! Love the lighting you did for the demos! I worked briefly in Unreal for an undisclosed project that eventually went by the wayside a couple of years back and I would have loved to have been able ramp up on the great deep lighting info, workflows, and Unreal "gotchas" that you have provided.

Keep them coming and future congrats on BF2! I've played the Beta and it looks beautiful!

J

Last edited by JohnnyLA; 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Alright guys, sorry for the long silence! Life was incredibly busy but:

Battlefront 2 is finally done (at least from my side for now ) and yes...this is the Goldmaster in my hands!!!

I will start to continue the Lighting Academy, probably from next week on, so stay tuned as I have updated to 4.18 and some cool scenes in the pipeline

Cheers and thanks for the incredible amounts of love from all of you!
        Last edited by Daedalus51; 10-30-2017, 08:34 AM.
        Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Hell yeah !! we can see the new lightmass features (volumetric lightmaps and skylight improvements !! ]

Comment

Can't wait for the new content!

Comment

Congratulations !!! Can't wait to see your work in SWBF2, and watch your future videos ! I miss your videos !

Comment

Hello there.
                I was wondering if you do Mentorship? I live in Vancouver-Canada and a student of the renowned school called ThinkTank. I am in my final term and would love to have you as my mentor. It is obviously paid mentorship. If you may, I can give your info to the founder of my school and he can be in touch with you in regards to how the mentorship program works.
                Please let me know what you think. I know you are extremely busy, but please give it a thought

Comment

Can't wait to see your new content ! Your previous videos were one of the best I'd seen on the internet (And congrat for Battlefront II, the game looks really awesome!)

Comment

Congrats! Cant wait for some new tutorials.

Comment

Congrats! I've been playing Battlefront 2 and admiring the lighting, so great work!

Comment

It would be awesome if you had your next video out before Thanksgiving next week

Comment

Hey guys,

just a quick update. I am working on the new video atm and its gonna come out on the weekend! Sorry again for delaying it, its definitely gonna happen this time!

Thx Wilkes ! Glad you are enjoying the game

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Daedalus51 View Post
                            Hey guys,

just a quick update. I am working on the new video atm and its gonna come out on the weekend! Sorry again for delaying it, its definitely gonna happen this time!

Thx Wilkes ! Glad you are enjoying the game

Cheers!
                            Its almost Saturday, Will it come out in time for breakfast

Comment

It happened!

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Daedalus51, I am happy to see that you are back to it!
                                [Gamedev programmer at Darewise (Paris) - We are hiring]
                                UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin 2.14-beta for UE4.23 - (v1 integrated by default since UE4.7)
                                UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin 1.4.6 for UE4.23 - (integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.24)

Comment

Working...
                                X