Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 4 Lighting Academy....or something like that ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward for the next episode!!!
    It would be veeeeeerryyyyyyy cool if you explore REAL volumetric lights in Unreal (probably with the NVIDIA volumetric light for UE4).
    Keep this, man

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyHorrorOnlyHardcore View Post
      added your playlist. i hope you will show the egiptian tomb scene or what is that. looks really good
      Hey,

the tomb was one of the projects of my students and I dont have access to that scene. It was just an example before I started the Lighting Academy to show people what they can expect from this
      Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

Originally posted by [PB]Aphexx View Post
        really nice outcome of this scene, thanks for all the precious info's!
        Hey man,

I am sorry, but I will not work with experimental builds for now since this is not something people can follow along easily and there is so much to explore with the defaults Unreal provides that I dont really see a lot of benefit in this. But I do agree that new features like that are cool to try out!

Cheers!

Comment

Moin!

Very awesome Videos! You give very good tips to avoid unlimited "try and error of doom 3000 des Todes"
          Since i wanna start using Unreal für highend Archviz (currently 3dsmax + vray+ fusion) it helps me a lot with lightning and lightmass stuff.

ill check all your sessions and thanks for your efforts!

big fat greetings from cologne, germany
          Daniel!

Comment

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long silence! Work was busy as hell with finishing up the announcement trailer for SW: Battlefront 2 for which I had the honor to work on multiple shots. I think it turned out pretty awesome and its always amazing and super rewarding to see the fan reactions for something as big as this Also, there was a bit of easter vacation as well^^

Aaaanyways, I am in talks with some people for the next scene right now, so I hope to have more details on that pretty soon. So please stay tuned and have a great time!

Cheers!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Hi there, I am pretty new to environment art, but I have a scene that i really just cant get the lighting right, maybe its because im self taught and i dont understand fully. I have been watching your videos and changed some things, but i am still stuck on how to make the scene "pop" how would I go about getting your help?

Comment

Originally posted by Cypherical View Post
                  Hi there, I am pretty new to environment art, but I have a scene that i really just cant get the lighting right, maybe its because im self taught and i dont understand fully. I have been watching your videos and changed some things, but i am still stuck on how to make the scene "pop" how would I go about getting your help?
                  Hey man!

Great that you are working on improving your stuff and I am happy I could already help you a bit with my content!

I have to admit though that I dont have any more capacity atm I already have 3 scenes in the pipeline and will start working on them soon, so until I am done with them, I cant take on any new ones I am afraid. But you can still ask again at a later time

Cheers!

Comment

Hey Daedalus,

Will you go over any of the new features of 4.16 in your upcoming videos?
                    I would just like to know your thoughts on the new stuff.

Cheers!
                    Last edited by Codey; 05-01-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codey View Post
                      Hey Daedalus,

Will you go over any of the new features of 4.16 in your upcoming videos?
                      I would just like to know you thoughts on the new stuff.

Cheers!
                      I will definitely do that! I have a Scene for it in the Pipeline and I am basically Just waiting for the full 4.16 Release

Comment

Hey guys,

sorry for the long break! I am back in action and here is the first Episode of Session 3 - something more archviz like this time around:

Big thanks to [MENTION=246845]Silohx[/MENTION] for providing the scene and keeping up with my feedback

Have fun and a great time everyone!

Cheers

Comment

Hi,

interesting and stimulating as usual!

Thanks for the effort you are putting in doing this

Comment

Thanks for another great video Daedalus! Also, thanks for complaining about the box reflection capture actor transform issue. It kills me every time I place one!

Comment

Great video!

Comment

Hey guys, I am really sorry, but I have some sad news to share! My PC just died this weekend and I haven't been able to fix it so far. I still have all the data, which is great, but unfortunately I can't afford to buy a new rig of similar quality right now. This means that I have absolutely no idea when I will be able to continue with this session Please stay tuned as I hope to have a solution quite soon...but also, money doesn't fall from the sky so it could take a while. I wish you all a great time and I hope to be back for you soon! Thanks for all the likes and support so far!
                                -Daedalus out!^^

Comment

Working...
                                X