Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamic GI : Getting the Most out of LPV ( Light Propagation Volume )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cadviz View Post
    Hi [MENTION=32340]mittense[/MENTION]
    Can you please lead me where to find a start guide for Heightfield GI, and may be good tutorials..?
    Thank you
    http://timhobsonue4.snappages.com/di...l-illumination

Though, do note: I've had tremendous issues with heightfield GI in a dynamic time-of-day scene (the heightfield GI totally blew out the darkness).
    Trent Polack (@mittense)
    Personal Site | Development Blog | Joy Machine

Comment

FYI , Heightfield GI is only relevant for Landscape
      [MENTION=10485]cadviz[/MENTION] , I don't believe I'm doing anything particular with my light settings, in fact I even turn down the shadow cascade amount a little to get a little performance.
      But there are better people who can answer you on how to get most from dynamic directional light , skylight and others.
      Developer at AmmoboxStudios.

Eximius ( An FPS/RTS Hybrid )

Comment

Looks like occlusion is broken.
        Intensity, size, fade range, affect the scene but only the light emission is working. Playing with other settings and settings like zero or 1000000000000 doens't make any change, not even subtle

Comment

Yes, the emissive materials also don't contribute to LPV anymore. Tested on 4.21.
          Is there a way to fix it somehow?

Comment

Also I can't make it work with the "Extended luminance" option in the project settings checked and a high value for the direction light like 70k.
            Anyone with this problem?

Comment

Specular contribution seems to be broken as well.
              ArtStation

Comment

Working...
              X