Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLUGIN] Smooth Zoom Actor Component Plugin

Hi.

The Smooth Zoom Actor Component plugin allows for easy creation of smooth camera zoom on any Actor / Pawn / Character that has a spring arm and camera component. This plugin is in BETA form and could crash, but I (and others) have tested and it appears to be working fine. Once additional testing has been completed, I'll change the version to 1.00 and compile as SHIPPING. Tested on 4.14 ONLY.

Head over to github here to download and review the Wiki for instructions on how to use: https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoom

If you have any suggestions / comments / support, please post here.

Thanks to [MENTION=38406]VictorBurgos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=331897]Valkrysa[/MENTION] for testing. Special thanks to Orfeas Eleftherior for guidance on this project.

teak

PS: New version 1.4 is up here: https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoo...ases/tag/v1.40 <--- New Version
    Last edited by teak421; 09-04-2017, 08:04 PM.
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

twitter: @teak421 -- Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.14+: here.

Can confirm, works like a charm~
    www.valkrysa.com
    A proud and noble software developer

Comment

Works great.
      Will prove useful.

Comment

Here's a screenshot... A few folks thought it would be useful to actually show it... Thanks.

teak

Click image for larger version

Name:	BPExamples.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	1119006
        -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Please let me know if people would like to have a stream done for this... I'll set something up if needed for those folks who are the beginner side of UE4. If interested, let me know. Thanks.

teak
          -- Willy Wonka

Comment

[MENTION=106257]teak421[/MENTION]

I would like a stream done, that would be very effective if you can.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Aumaan Anubis View Post
              [MENTION=106257]teak421[/MENTION]

I would like a stream done, that would be very effective if you can.

Thank you
              Hi!

I'll schedule something for this weekend... Thanks for you interest and also if you have any suggestions on how to improve, please let me know at the stream!

teak
              -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Release 1.0 is up on GitHub. Compiled as Shipping instead of Development. Please report any issues here. Thanks.

https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoom

teak
                -- Willy Wonka

Comment

New version is up... 1.1. Removes the multiply node.... Check it out here: https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoom

teak
                  Last edited by teak421; 12-09-2016, 10:59 AM.
                  -- Willy Wonka

Comment

Super useful, one of the things I see myself using as default - Epic should implement this into the springarm.

Comment

Hi all,

Created a YOUTUBE video which talks about how its used... https://youtu.be/B7BFLj9KI8E

Thanks.

teak
                      -- Willy Wonka

Comment

edit:
                        solved! just need create a c++ class in project and install plugin again.

Hello, I was try to install this plugin but I got "plugin missing or incompatible" message, and then "failed to load because module could not be found".
                        I'm using 4.14.1 version and plugin is placed in plugins folder.
                        How to fix it?
                        Last edited by Kenaz; 12-20-2016, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenaz View Post
                          edit:
                          solved! just need create a c++ class in project and install plugin again.

Hello, I was try to install this plugin but I got "plugin missing or incompatible" message, and then "failed to load because module could not be found".
                          I'm using 4.14.1 version and plugin is placed in plugins folder.
                          How to fix it?
                          Hi there... You did it correctly, I guess I should include that in the documentation! Thank you for bringing it to my attention! Good luck.

teak
                          -- Willy Wonka

Comment

I was like. "I wonder what this is.."

And now I'm wondering why it's not a default option or at least included in the Top-Down Template.

Comment

Originally posted by teak421 View Post
                              Hi.

The Smooth Zoom Actor Component plugin allows for easy creation of smooth camera zoom on any Actor / Pawn / Character that has a spring arm and camera component. This plugin is in BETA form and could crash, but I (and others) have tested and it appears to be working fine. Once additional testing has been completed, I'll change the version to 1.00 and compile as SHIPPING. Tested on 4.14 ONLY.

Head over to github here to download and review the Wiki for instructions on how to use: https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoom

If you have any suggestions / comments / support, please post here.

Thanks to [MENTION=38406]VictorBurgos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=331897]Valkrysa[/MENTION] for testing. Special thanks to Orfeas Eleftherior for guidance on this project.

teak

PS: New version 1.1 is up here: https://github.com/teak421/SmoothZoom
                              Awesome! And thank you Sir for showing us how to do this!

Comment

Working...
                              X