Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom physic vehicle simulation! Project download included.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New progress video:

Comment

Crashes fixed!

Comment

JX53mb can you explain me how the Steering_Speed_Curve data works?
        I'm trying autonomous driving and apparently the higher the speed the less/slower it steers.
        I'm trying to use a linear steering curve but I'm not sure on what value could be the best.

Comment

Check the AI, it uses a fixed value for steering speed and max angle. That should help you.

Comment

I will, thank you.

Comment

HI, Just tried building the latest version, I'm running 4.21.2 and getting "BUILD FAILED" with the following.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: NOTE: Only first 50 warnings displayed.
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display:
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: Failure - 1 error(s), 205 warning(s)
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display:
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)):
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Execution of commandlet took: 16.86 seconds
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Took 25.9859453s to run UE4Editor-Cmd.exe, ExitCode=1
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Cook failed.
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): (see C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\J+EpicGames+Epic+Games+Engines+UE_4.21\Log.txt for full exception trace)
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): BUILD FAILED
              PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Cook Failure

Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards
              Cecil
              Cecil B

Comment

++Update

Found the issue it was a section header needed renaming in the Engine.ini - Thanks Brabus for the help.
                Cecil B

Comment

JX53mb I thought I'd sorted out the problems where the car bumps into the track.
                  I actually did it for completely flat static meshes, where your car behaves beautifully, but as soon as the vehicle rides on static meshes with Z variations it keeps stumbling.

Until now I tried each and every export options for the static mesh, I disabled CCD and tried many combinations of geometric modificators with no luck.

I still have to fix the nodes in radians and degrees, could that be a cause?
                  Is there a way to fix this?
                  Last edited by Judicator; 04-04-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Hi JX53mb, i tried your vehicle but it seems like if the car wants to wheelie, and if i jump off a ramp the car wants to flip backwards like when a boat goes really fast and flips over also how hard would it be to make the suspension with line trace rather than physics constrains? i dont feel the car sways as it should, seems stiffer. BTW good job.

Comment

Can you atleast explain why when a vehicle hits a bump it pops a wheelie, ive tried every setting variation in the book and no luck even adding mass kg. settings and gravity, but its like if the vehicle wheighs nothing or is bouncy AF. BTW bounciness in the physmat is set to 0. Dude any ideas or is it just a funky limitation of using physcs constraints?

Comment

I downloaded the 3.1 version for free from here but it only opens in 4.20 and the latest version is 4.22.3 so,how do i open it in the latest version.
                        please reply asap

Comment

Can we get a step by step tutorial for this? It's very much needed. It would really help a lot.

Comment

Nice project.I have download a different version of you vehicle project,in the latest version vehicle project,I have some question,can you explain it for me?
                            1. in the early version,like v1.1 or 1.2,you manually create physics constraint,and you create the rolling constraint link the Axle Mesh and Wheel Mesh and make the swing2 is free,so when apply the torque to the wheel ,the generate friction force can drive the car,but the latest version,you create the physics constraint in blueprint,but i can't find the rolling constraint you create,you only create suspension constraint and steer constraint,sorry to bother you,because you create physics constraint in blueprint and in runtime,i can't see the physics constraint component infomation in the detail panel,so i fell confuse.
                            2. i have notice in the early version,you set the steer constraint spring and damping to inf in the angular motor section but when you create with blueprint you don't set the properties why? in the latest version you use the steer strength with the car speed you the force will decrease in the high speed,but in the v3.1 demo project,the car seems can easily steers in high speed and not turn over´╝îCan you explain what changes you have done for it.
                            wish you can reply to me,Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Kraeton01 View Post
                              Can we get a step by step tutorial for this? It's very much needed. It would really help a lot.
                              You should really check his Youtube channel "Math B".

Comment

Working...
                              X