Event Hit

Hello!

I was wondering if any one has used the Event Hit node in Blueprint? I’m having a little trouble getting it to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have been experimenting with the Hit system, mostly using component hit events… What exactly is your problem?

I can’t get it to work at all! Not sure where I’m going wrong. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m overlooking.

Well, it’s hard to say what’s wrong without knowing more :wink: What specifically is it that you’re trying to do?
Generally speaking, make sure the collision properties of the things you’re hitting are set up correctly, maybe… Specifically, make sure you’ve enabled “Generate Hit Events”.

I’m still just figuring this out myself, though.

Hit events are for when there is a blocking collision, e.g. a player walking into a wall. It can also happen when a physics object collides, but you have to enable the ‘Simulation Generates Hit Events’ option.

Overlap events are what you use for a non-blocking collision, e.g. a player walking into a trigger.

I’m shooting a physics based projectile. When it hits something, like a wall. I want to spawn a particle effect, create damage,etc… You get the point. I know how to do those things, just having issues firing the hit event.

I had a similar problem, I guess the Hit Event doesn’t get called when you hit a Brush Actor because it is grouped with UWorld at runtime. The only solution I could find at the time was to convert the brushes to static meshes.

Ya i just figured it out! So what i did was add a sphere in the components of the blueprint. Then i set collision on the sphere and used the Event Hit node to detect the collision. Works perfect!

That is correct, we shouldn’t really let you add events for Brush Actors, we’ll fix that!

Hey,

I am new to UE4 and have also been trying to work with collision based events.

What I am trying to do is have an object trigger audio when a player walks into it. For example I have mapped out a small wooden room filled with all kinds of props. I would like it if, when the a player walks into a wall, the door, or a chair, for that prop to emit a sound after the collision.

Any help to figure this out would be awesome.

Thanks

Hi, probably a year too late. but as i was looking into something similar i thought i’d post what i found if someone else like me stumbles across this: UE4 Tutorial - Advanced Audio & Physics Collisions - YouTube pretty decent tutorial on physics based audio to get you started. I’m now trying to develop on it to stop it spamming so much. Where in the video he’s basically trying to control spam with using a delayed loop to disable/re-enable the trigger, i’m seeing if maybe i can find a way of getting the objects rotation and use that as a way of determining if the object has just been hit/ or coming to rest. That way you shouldn’t need to put in a fairly hacky delay to stop spamming and instead get something more close to realistic playback.